Monday, September 26, 2005

independence : so proud

Yeah. Whatever can I say?? My country is Exotic. Complex. Intriguing. Difficult. Diverse. My people are Proud. Strong. Wild. Free. Learning. Growing. Impatient.

There was so much pride. And Hope. Walking around during the Independence loooong weekend, you couldn't escape it. Massive smiles, inside and out. A reason to celebrate. And celebrate we did.

Ricebag did a fair bit of partying with friends and family. And lots and lots of people-watching (ricebags faveourite passtime).

I think it is fair to say I am proud as all hell to be a Papua New Guinean.

It's just that sometimes being Papua New Guinean is really really hard. But then I remember, that's kind of my birth-song ... and some incredible beauty in this life I have has come from intense hardship ... and love for others and self-respect comes from surviving ... and ricebag is making it. And PNG is making it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home