Thursday, July 07, 2005

got a secret : post it

Stumbled across this blog ... POSTSECRET - its an ongoing community art project in the USA where people mail-in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. WHat I LOVELOVE is the ART ... the pain and the freedom etched into these cards ... not necessarily the secret told but for me, the way its told, that art that truth that pain ... that's it for me. Everytime someone made one of these postcards they cut out little pieces of their history and all of them are unique.

Here are some of the postcards that get get posted every Friday :

the love of my life is ugly

the drink that is killing me is the only thing that is keeping me from killing myself

i lost my virginity last week. but i don't feel any different

he wasn't cheating on you. but since you chose to blame me anyway, he will be

i don't want to believe in God anymore. but no matter how hard i try, i just can't stop

i gave my vegetarian sister a meal with beef

i'm sick of saving people

i love my daughter ... but i don't like her

i love the drama ... that comes with ... my relatives dying

he's been in prison for two years because of what i did. 9 more to go

thinking about being with him is more exciting than actually being with him

i once planned to kill my mother

It's not just voyeuristic, it's therapeutic to read their hurt and their pain cut out and stamped and posted on the www.

Most are confessional; some are funny; others make you want to weep and the rest make you feel hope. Makes you want to send one too don't it.

The blog creator Frank had this to add: "Every week some postcards arrive damaged. Sometimes their meaning is lost. And sometimes they become more meaningful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home