Sunday, July 09, 2006

RICEBAG ON STYLE PATROL

lovers.

so you want to know what blogs ricebag is perving on, scanning, lately when she's not swamped in the work-way (& sometimes when she is - shhhhhhhh) ....

yeah yeah, after I've read the Sydney Morning Herald and scanned over the New York Times and answered inane emails from my same-ish friends ... my new internet-love is the burgoening number of blogs dedicated to capturing what people, regular every-day people, with a sense of their own STYLE, what they are WEARING on the street, on the bar stool, on the shoulder of the-one-that-they-like-the-best.

This is MY way of making the world so much a smaller place. I can identify myself in so many of these anonymous faces and the clothes they're wearing and it's not about the cut or the cult, it's about the common element people on and making and reading these websites feel - that innate sense fo STYLE a person has ... no can teach baby must be born that way. And the fakers or the don't-knows - well, you can spot them. Just can. It's the know factor

But the best bit for me is this perve on a moment, one monent, in a person's full-on tumultous life, this nanosecond, this image, taken out of the context of their whole entire day, and not knowing their where or their wherefore. Imagining the door-opening, cupboard-shutting lives of these tea-drinkers, knowing they're normal too and worried too and handling it too.

I guess it just makes me feel like I don't need to be over there, to be herein myself. so yeah - maybe it is strange then, that the one way I can keep my head on is through this meagre reassurance. I sure as hell imagine my true-ricebag life going on in Tokyoyo or NYC or KL ... but it's not, right now, this minute, this year, ricebag is here ... HERE ... and this here ain't so far far away from another here I'm deciding, because I am the important element ... I take me wherever I am, where here is.

Anyhew, enuf existential-sounding crap. I am listing some of the sites below - note that all pics came off the respective sites. xx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home