Monday, July 11, 2005

something happened to me today

Something went click in my brain and I've moved out of PARK and into DRIVE at work! It's like I GEDDIT all of a sudden. The past 2 1/2 months working after a lifetime of fluff have been intense and pretty tough (me doing it to me) and then ... voila. I was just drafting a letter ... nothing spesh ... and it was like I REALIZED what I was DOING ... sounds a little Gary Zukav I know but don't bail out on me just yet ...

So what is ricebag doing? Ricebag is working in a professional commercial environment where she has various responsibilities. Fullstop. This work is not HER. It does not measure her value or worth. It is just work. Work that is important. But still, just work. The key is that ricebag must be RESPONSIBLE for her work and ACCOUNTABLE and just GET ON WITTHIT.

Ricebag has worked in very very professional commercial environments before ... for some of the biggest corporations in the world! But this time the difference is she is beginning the very beginning of her professional life-proper and it seems like everything matters - or at least it did - until today.

All of this may sound slightly inane to you working-bees but some of us have rusty wheels and I just found out my oil isn't some inaccessible magical potion I was born without - and THAT is very liberating as some of us were starting to feel seriously slow and incapable. Learning. Learning. Learning.

Let's see what happens ... things can only get better and harder from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home