Saturday, September 10, 2005

earthquake

Yesterday, winding down the office week and my blinds started to rattle ... I was sitting in my office talking distractedly to my secretary when I started to think I was fainting, my head was shaking and I had that feeling in my whole body (slightly out-of-body) that usually precedes such an episode ... but then I realised - my blinds are shaking! Which means my walls are shaking! That went on for a full minute. An earthquake. I am on the top floor of the 2nd tallest building in town. The whole entire building shook. SHOOK.

The SMH reports that therthquake measured 7.3 shook parts of Papua New Guinea but there were no immediate reports of damage and the US Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said a tsunami was unlikely. The epicentre of the quake, which struck at 4.35pm Sydney time, was off the east coast of New Britain, about 130 kilometres east-south-east of Rabaul.

And here I was worried about BabySister in Japan who was visiting friends in Nagasaki last week when the typhoon hit and she found it a bit hard to get back to Tokyoyoyo where she lives. Thanking God she is ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home