Friday, May 05, 2006

gorgeous

My dentist, Dr P, calls me 'gorgeous'. "Listen gorgeous, when are you going to change the world" ... or "gorgeous, when are you going into parliament" ... or "gorgeous, we are going to have to do some surgery on those back molars" ... yes I write to you having just recieved this edict. The truth, the honest awful truth is that my mouth is a mess and I would be embarrassed to show it to anyone else except to my dentist, our family friend and ricebag's some-time mentor ... Dr P.

Dr P has been my dentist for the last 15 years. Other than being a great dentist, a cool thing about Dr P is that he has a tugboat which is being refinished and which he intends to take out to the Niugini islands to treat people in remote coastal regions ... not just a cool guy but a philanthropist as well.

... and as he was drilling and cleaning this morning, he totally calmed me down and took his usual all-part-of-the-day approach to my oral hygiene even though my teeth look awful - beautiful on the outside but not so good on the inside. And he seems to think its all under control so yeah - he rocks - even though he's going to operate on my teeth in a few weeks --- yow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home