Tuesday, April 18, 2006

unboxing

Well its official. The last of Ricebags-Things-In-Sydney have arrived via frieght to PNG. Phew .... guess I left half my stuff down there, half my life, half my hopes, half my possible future down there, thinking, sydney-is-home sydney-is-home but kept saying it so often that bitty phrase has kind of lost its meaning. And I had to go back to Sydney 3 weeks ago to realise it.

So its ok. This means apart from one mammoth mirror, an easel and various bits & pieces (detritus of a life long and well lived in the city we love) floating around Sydney ... all ricebags material belongings (not that much actually) are now in the one country - even this is slightly unbelievable to me!

And I am happy all my things are here and not somewhere else or many somewhere elses ... I felt too scattered for a long time and have secretly been yearning for one place, one site where I could unpack EVERYTHING and sort it ... digest it, give some away and then box the remains (again) ... at least have some sort of catelogue or measurment of all the flick and flack thats brushed past and by and with me over these random years.

Anyhew ... all I wanted to say on this completely rainy dim blue day was that I think I am coming full circle?? And its kind of strange to understand that term from the inside out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home