Tuesday, August 15, 2006

life is all about ass

"Life is all about ass.

You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one."


I apologise for that. If I sound bored - it's because I am feeling bored and even worse - I feel borrrrrrr-ing. That could be very very dangerous for someone who professes that the only thing that saves them from themselves is the idea that they are better than their worst fear - of which, mine is being - boring.

So since I last wrote-proper I have been busy and yet boring; I have been working and it's been boring; I have been partying and it's been same-old same-old; I've been waking, reading, swimming, talking, laughing, loving, listening ... and it's been a bit .... well, boring. Is my life boring? Quite possibly. Even my dreams have been boring.

Up until the early hours of Monday morning that is. I woke up around4am and prayed for one of those mid-sleep dreams where you're full-dreaming and yet feel half-awake because you're very conscious of being in dream-land and to a degree are able to control and create the situations in said dream. So I prayed hard for someone gorgeous and then - whump! Outta nowhere someone from my past, whom I've never dreamt about before, appears. And it was a strangde dream without a beginning, missing a meaningful middle and with a rudely interrupted end.

So who was this dream-man? I will call him Tumas for you. Tumas is real. And he is Czech. And for only the second time since we parted on a sunken sparkling Sri Lankan beach, he contacted me ... on the same morning that I dreamt of him ... and now Tumas ... are you coming my islandbaby way??

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Don't you mean to say that writing is like sex... not prostitution. Few people--if anyone--does prostitution for the love it, but sex works better in that equation..

14 January, 2008 05:35  
Blogger highlander islander said...

You are right. But it's quote from Moliere thats over 400 years old. Methinks I'll stick with the original version before paraphrasing.

18 January, 2008 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home