Thursday, November 09, 2006

drive faster around corners

I drive like MyDad. That's the verdict down from MyMama. That means she said, I am a natural, instinctual driver. That could be a compliment but I know what else she means - simply - I drive too fast.

I drive fast. I drive fast. I drive fast. Ricebag knows better but she deos so anyway.

Sometimes it just feels like EVERYONE ELSE is driving too slow - when I realised that, I realised, maybe, just maybe, it was me ... rather than 'everyone else'. I also got a check yesterday when PrettyGirl was quietly counting all the cars I passed as I drover over the freeway into town - 18 cars on a rainy night over roughly 4 kms - not good.

I have to say driving faster did save my life once - very early on in the piece when my P Plate was still fresh off the photocopier. But I won't rehash old times.

Just to say I am making a concerted effort to slow down. Techincally, in PNG, there is one speed limit for the entire country - 60km/hr - obviously noone respects it, most people aren't aware of it and there aren't any signs proclaiming it.

So I am going to curb my Need for Speed. Always keeping in mind the excellent bit of advice I got from Olga-da-Polga's dad (who used to be a racing car driver) ... "Drive faster around corners". And I've tested it and he's right - you strangely get more control. So I figure the rule with driving is speed kills, so drive slower when you're not in a massive hurry and drive fast around corners.

That's my happy medium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home