Wednesday, April 25, 2007

other heroes

It's ANZAC Day again. Always is always a strange day for me. I feel moved. Every year. And it is strange to me because I have never professed to care to anyone else as much as I really feel in private.

It's all that LOSS.

I made it out to Bomana War Cemetary for the dawn service and I am so glad I did. Where have all the flowers gone.

And this year I Remember. I remember those who fought with the ANZACs and remain unacknowledged by many. Specifically the Australian Aboriginal veterans and from my corner of the world, the 55,000 fuzzy wuzzy angels and the 4000 Papuans and New Guinean soliders who fought in all but one of the allied campaigns in this, my country.

Lest we forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, is that ya posting @ wai pii.
Seen the thang a few days back and reading about ya trip to the land of Krishna godess makes me wonder.

Kaim

25 April, 2007 23:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home