Sunday, May 22, 2005

cash poet : I have tried in my way to be free

empty wardrobe port moresby png : yesterday 2005 : ricebag needs hangers ... or birds on wires ...
'lyric' : of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style or form

Johnny Cash ... was a poet, a lyricist. I don't think anything should be called a LYRIC unless its lyrical ... by definition

BIRD ON A WIRE

Like a bird on a wire Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free

Like a fish on a hook Like a knight from an old fashioned book I have saved all my ribbons with thee

And if I have been unkind I hope that you will just let it go by And if I have been untrue I hope you know it was never to you

Like a baby stillborn Like a beast with his horn I have torn everyone who reached out for me But I swear by this song By all I have done wrong I'll make it all up to you

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful lyric by Leonard Cohen.

11 June, 2005 23:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lyrically lyric in fact!

I only just discovered your website. You've written some really wonderful stuff here. Keep shining...

11 June, 2005 23:11  
Blogger highlander islander said...

dear daniel - you are my first anonymous comment! congratulations. and thankyou. and you're very right - about leonard cohen. ricebag.

14 June, 2005 12:22  
Blogger Sinnataggen said...

No, written BY Leonard Cohen.

11 May, 2008 07:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home