Thursday, February 01, 2007

the magic faraway tree

Oh me gadsters. TODAY TODAY TODAY something so amazing happened!!

20 ... that's right ... TWENTY years ago back in the Red Hill of Kamberra ricebag and babysister were best best playmates of k-dig and m-dig. We did EVERYTHING together. Spent every weekend together at each others houses, held the mandatory cabbage patch doll tea parties, swapped May Gibbs books, made lemonade on roadside stalls for tiny African babies in distant African places, knitted through long cross-legged afternoons on the floor of our little classroom of our little school on La Perouse, spent hot summers at Kamikaze Slides; bought sweets at our corner shop; cycled around the burbs, spent long arvos under the hot air balloon tent, swapped scratch n sniff stickers and more more more. It was only one year. Just a gift of one year. But we found each other. And made friends like only kids can, and and and ... after years of half-hearted random searching, I finally found them!! After not seeing them for 20 years!!

Today k-dig e-mailed me and I am so grateful I can't even begin to say. Having had such a disparate childhood as mine, ricebag has few friends from before high school. Anyone earlier scattered to the 4 corners ... and finding the two miss digs has been a very very sweet find. And best of all is that I get to see k-dig again soon when I make it back to Oz and I am looking so very forward - I can't even begin to say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I can't wait to see you!! Am so glad you managed to get in touch with little digs.. and that little digs found me and middle digs! loving reading your blog xxx

01 February, 2007 18:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just started to read your blogs & it's all so....expressive [there is so much more I can write - and it's all good]. You are so strong and inspiring to put yourself out there. Especially the raw stuff about your dad.

02 February, 2007 09:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for lost and found!

02 February, 2007 11:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home