Monday, February 05, 2007

skin on the side

For the past week it has been raining like it's never gonna rain again, every night, in the witching hours - between 1am and 4 am and always at 3am. Heavy heavy heartfelt re-lent-less buckets. So POM is coming up green and the roads are slick and streets are rain-swept. And I feel a little rain-washed too.

Last week was pretty busy busy at work and in the social life of moi.

But not the love life of me. For the past few months Ricebag has been kissing a boy from another country whenever he was in this country. And it wasn't a secret, just my nice private affair. He was here in January and there was some more kissing. But yesterday is where the kissing ends. Bye bye birdie. I must have liked him coz I told him very early on where my favourite part of the human body is. And just so you can get your mind out of the gutter - it's the smooth place on the side of a person's chest, on the side of their body, parallel to the nipple, the skin which the upper arm rests against when a person's arm is by their side, the skin which covers the curve of the ribcage. I just love that - I love putting my hand there. I'm not obsessed by it - I just like that safe place and when I like someone, I want to hold them there. And not in a sexual way (necessarily). In an intimate way. And he liked it too. I could tell.

So with the rain coming and the kissing ending, I think this week I am going to just put my head down and bum up and get on with all the schtuff on my plate - no mean feat.

And I wanted to say thankyou to you boy - you know who you are. I know you are smart and you will Go Places. But there will be no more of ricebag holding you on the skin on your side. You think I am someone I am not. And that's probably my fault. I am not the girl for you and you are not the boy for me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok this is weird... That's my favourite spot too... So soft and smooth and kissable... But unlike you I have a mild and healthy obsession. I think I'm sharing too much information here...

Why did the kissing stop yesterday?

05 February, 2007 09:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you broke up wih me. not i with you.

and dont think i dont know you. i am coming back in march and my side will still be yours.

05 February, 2007 10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh love...so hard to find, even harder to keep. I would give up everything I have today to go back to yesterday, when love was just that and nothing less.

05 February, 2007 23:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray boy! Hooray! Come back! Give her your side, she won't be able to resist it. Make her happy. We want her happy. Hooray!

(good boy)

06 February, 2007 09:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because of you, in gardens of blossoming flowers I ache from the
perfumes of spring.
I have forgotten your face, I no longer remember your hands;
how did your lips feel on mine?
Because of you, I love the white statues drowsing in the parks,
the white statues that have neither voice nor sight.
I have forgotten your voice, your happy voice; I have forgotten
your eyes.
Like a flower to its perfume, I am bound to my vague memory of
you. I live with pain that is like a wound; if you touch me, you will
do me irreparable harm.
Your caresses enfold me, like climbing vines on melancholy walls.
I have forgotten your love, yet I seem to glimpse you in every
window.
Because of you, the heady perfumes of summer pain me; because
of you, I again seek out the signs that precipitate desires: shooting
stars, falling objects.

06 February, 2007 23:46  
Blogger highlander islander said...

waaah

carolyn - love you baby. you my nambawan mosbi lady.

manu - love is never "less" or else its not love.

anonymous poet - thankyou?

and boy - sorry baby.

07 February, 2007 15:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's a showdown between boy (sweet), manu (melancholy), anonymous (anyone who can quote Neruda is in with me) and me.

Who will win her heart?

(Of course, having the nicest arse, I will)

08 February, 2007 13:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry contending numbers will have to be reduced to just Carol and Boy.

Manu and Anon poet are the same person. And Manu may be more usefully employed in tracking down Boy for RB.

And Carol yes you do have a nice arse!

10 February, 2007 22:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home