Tuesday, June 14, 2005

devoted to dhink

ricebag holding the future gerehu stage 2 : any sunday 2005 : skin-tight dhink; the baby who came at the end of the line - the line that started with ricebag and ends with the baby we've all been waiting for, perfect dhink; we call him dundu and he always comes to me first (after i push his mama out of sight); dhink who really was an unexpected gift and whom everyone cherishes; the one who came after a gap, when some of the olds thought their baby days were over and affection is LAVISHED on him; little dundu, a thousand kisses for him from every one; it seems the next baby will come from the next generation - mine ...

Every day this week we are going to have a pic of my little cousin Dhink - whose name means "something given" as in "from above" in my language, my tok ples - Engan. Dhink is the beautiful, perfectly fat pumpkin-fed dundu who at 8 months is pawed over by strangers in the street. Everytime I see my dundu it's with anticipation because I know exactly how many days its been since the last time I saw him and I've been waiting since then to hold him again. So you will have the great privilege of seeing him EVERY DAY for a little while ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cousin is soooo cute! Hope all is well! Love, Bidi

21 June, 2005 03:37  
Blogger highlander islander said...

Lovely Miss Bidi. Miss you! And you're right - he is beautiful. Ricebag.

22 June, 2005 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home