Saturday, July 16, 2005

quoting angelina

Hello. Yes, I'm in the office on a Saturday. Again. Just downloading some WTDH (work-to-be-done-reluctantly-at-home) ... so perving on the Sydney Morning Herald (my favourite Saturday morning breakie in Newtown paper) and I came across an interview with Miss Angelina Jolie.

Have to say I never thought I'd get to quote her perfect-face-ness but just couldn't resist when what she said made me nod. Nodding yes. Yes. About the alone part. And the finding that someone who's up for the challenge and the growing with part.

Take it away Angie:

"I haven't learned how to work as well in partnerships as I do as an individual," she says. "I'm better alone." The key, she believes, is finding someone with goals as ambitious as hers. "Basically, I think there should be a reason for you to be a unit. Not just to be happy, but to actually accomplish and change, and take on the things you want to take on in this life."

... Having declared herself uninterested in anything as banal as a boyfriend, she's kept her liaisons outside the house for the past few years. "The man that enters my home with me and my son—I take that very, very seriously." She does have an idea about who such a man might be. "Somebody who just really works hard, and loves," she says. "That has not been an easy thing to find."

It's like my good and very beautiful friend Sam-in-Paddo said ... we were having a good old gab about MEN as in where-are-all-the-good-men??!! chowing down Bondi burgers and house-red chasers at the RSL-with-a-view, perving on delicious yum-yum Marat Safin playing Wimbledon Semis on the big-screen ... and she said she relationship-wise she wanted something like from the film "The Thomas Crowne Affair" ... UH OH I thought ... she wants plastic-perfect Pearce Brosnan? No, she said. The female lead, played by Rene Russo is this beautiful successful yadda yadda and she doesn't settle until she meets the one man (Pearce) who is her "best adversary" as Sam put it. Sam said she wants a man who is ready and already heading where she's going, who's going to challenge her and make her better, a man who doesn't need his hand held or his potty trained. Someone who isn't just coasting the wave of a lucky-life but is chasing it with both hands outstretched. Yeah - me too, I said. Me, Sam & Renee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home