Thursday, July 14, 2005

we come to love

Just read this anonymous quote today at the bottom of one of those small desk roller-top calendars for the day of Feb 14th ... and I think, I mean I KNOW, just how true this is. I couldn't resist but to share:

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

And I don't think this is just the honest rushing love of l'amour nor the almost duty-bound impenetrable familial bonds we are woven into ... but the love we can come to have for every person, every living thing, every sentient being. Seeing the perfect in imperfect has been one of the most amazing lessons ... a road I travelled and a destination I am heading towards through experience and really by my own design. It's such an amazing journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nomad said...

this is very old soul talk ... and very very true at the same time. my mum would love you, this is exactly the sort of thing she believes (luckily some of her wisdom has passed onto me).

14 July, 2005 21:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home