Tuesday, August 23, 2005

glum

Things have been a bit glum lately - rather, I have been. Somehow I have gotten wrapped up in this life I think is mine but really, in this place, belongs to my Family in a strange way. The lost sheep and all of that.

Last night I spent a few hours at the house of people my age who live together and not at home and basically have normal working and social life - believe me when I say that having that in this city is not as easy as it sounds.

So MM commented that I looked tired. He should have said 'haggard'. I am exhausted.

Just comandeering the basics in this place has, for me, been a completely alien exercise ... trying to reclaim some basic independence for a girl who has only known a life of independence from her family since she was in Grade 7.

Getting there ... just not at turbo speed.

Not sure how someone took away all the steps and I am back on the bottom rung again ... but dealing and starting to figure out that maybe the ladder isn't vertical after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home