Tuesday, August 02, 2005

not joking at notting hill

A real sign at Notting Hill Tube, an underground train station in London. If you've been up with the news, I hope you're as offended as I am.

Instead this sign should read "Be Aware of Trigger-Happy Racist Cops Who Shoot First and Ask Questions Later"

And people are worried about 'terrorists' taking away our Freedoms ... more like the terrorist STATE ... obviosuly in the UK freedoms are being taken away one by one by one ... in what other time could the government of the day have EVER gotten away with saying "... and FYI ... whilst we're so sad about that Brazillian man, its basically his fault he ran (obviously running makes you guilty of bombing London) and MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY BE SHOT" and this must be ok with people because whilst I am outraged I can only hear peeps from various human rights organizations ... what about Londoners? Tony Blair's government has just TOLD its public that it now has the right to kill innocent people ... that regular people and their basic human right NOT to be killed and their basic democratic right NOT to be found guilty before being proven guilty ... are not as important as chasing down the bad guys. OOPS. Don't get in the way. Especially if you wear a rucksack. Or a big coat. Or 'look foreign'. And definitely DON'T RUN. If you ask me, I'd be packing that rucksack, donning my big coat on my very foreign-looking body and running to the airport ASAP with a one-way ticket out of the yUK.

Having just spent the better part of last year in central Asia and the Middle East ... it's those justify-justify-justify politicians who are never wearing rucksacks or big coats and look very very non-foreign' with their pallid white skin, that scare me more MORE than your average Koran-reading muslim/arab.

It's a sad bloody state of affairs ... looks to me like the terrorists are winning (not running) after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny that yesterday i saw this photograph...sent to a friend of mine and then shown to me...the world is so small and time does not seem to exist.

03 August, 2005 14:04  
Blogger highlander islander said...

Yes. In hindsight it seems a little humbug to me ... maybe a hoax?

03 August, 2005 15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home