Thursday, July 28, 2005

mamma-mia

What a week!

Yesterday I said I maxed out at work ... and I am. But what I really can't seem to believe is how BUSY just bloody LIFE is around here. It's as though every single week has some unexpected problem or disaster or complication or massive familial expectation or family function or do etc etc When I've been living away from PNG, I did not have any concerns outside of myself and my friends really. Being back has really amplified for me, what I knew was true - just how consuming my family and our lives can be!

Case-In-Point : Monday the Treasurer of the Enga provincial Government, a close friend of our family and colleague of OurHero, has died. On Wednesday one of my 'real' uncles from my dad's tribe, Minapi, fell into a coma after a brief illness (as yet undiagnosed). One of my bosses' aunt is dying in the UK so she left in flurry today and its been almost COMPLETE MADNESS for me work-wise.

And the bright red cherry atop our glaced week is that as of today my sister (who is living in Japan) has been 'MISSING' in bloody Tokyo for a week - we cannot find her and she isn't emailing us and noone at her house in downtown Chiba-Ken is answering their phone ... either its a mass exodus or something is wrong. This unnescessary stress is giving my mother a hernia and making me so mad I want to squeeze something and then punch it - preferably my sister and in person if (as I am sure it is) everything is just-fine and she hasn't been knocked off by Mrs Marple with the cande-stick in the drawing room! WHERE ARE YOU BabySister?? Aaaaaaaargh ... why are the last kids the BIGGEST pains??!!

To top it all off Saturday is MyMamas birthday ... and I am sure it's the last thing on her mind. In the last 3 days she's taken a 7 year old neighbour to the emergency for a snake-bite; run all over town trying to find me a house to live in; Drs appointments daily for a massive infected sore on her poor tummy (getting much better now!); taken it upon herself to cook for the masses even though she is meant to be on holiday; organsing visas and things for Australia; been in ICU monitoring my comatose relative; been to the cry-haus to mourn for our dead friend; ferried me to and from work at all hours; patiently organised all my dental crap; organised my little flat AND had time to read the best part of a book - a big one!

I just want this week to end.

But then .... what will next week bring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home