Friday, July 22, 2005

this is why i love woo

Haven't I told you about my little, my woo?? My little woo. She is my chum, my mate, my beer-buddy, my ciggie-hag, my endless talker, my in-one-mind-mate, my fellow lover of all the little miracles that make life so watchable. She is one of the ones I click with - and they're hard to find!

Yeah. And I love woo. Because she can chuck in a fucking good email. When she wants. She can spin and weave and get right in my head and because I know her and I know our life in Sydney, I am already in the story she is retelling. And she tells it so well. Whether with words or sighs or laughs ... all the love and the pain, all the funny and the hard bits ... all of it that has come to me over years I would never replace.

Just today I recieved this from my woo. Another reminder of normal, good day. A Sydney day.

ricebag...twas catching up on your blog today and just for a little aside to your jared diamond piece...i played footy on sunday down at trumper park at paddo and everytime i play there my grandfather makes an effort to get down and see us bc he lives just around the corner...last sunday tim (ex-boyfriend and still) came down to watch us aswell...he has met poppa before so they chattered away during the game and at the end of play i say to them both 'so what have you two been nattering about?'....and so what had they?tim flannery 'the future eaters' and jared diamond 'gums, ferms and steel'.....poppa being a massive diamond fan and tim being a big flannery reader....there you go...the problems of the world being saved whilst women play aussie rules in the background on SUCH A SUNNY SUNDAY...love you r xxx

I love my little postcards all my littles scattered to the four winds send to me in hugga-bugga land ... these are the precious bits ... a moment shared, a moment understood with real clarity. Just as if I was sitting there with you, fag in hand cuppa-tea in t'other. Think I could handle that. Definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home