Thursday, October 06, 2005

islandbaby sick

Brussels Winter 2003

A path of illness ... on Tuesday my doctor, the sleazy Philipino Dr El Dorado who kept looking at my boobs while I was braying and sneezing and generally whooping coughing and crying and sniffing ... Dr El Dorado whose gold chains clang against his hairless chest, and sideburns look groomed and wanted ... Dr El Dorado standing in locum for my real Dr, Dr M, Dr M who delivered me when I was born ... so back to Dr El Dorado ... the big creep ... kept saying to me "you are a mess" ... "you are a mess". At first I thought he was being light-hearted but then it sounded a bit like something else so I stopped smiling and cut to the shit - look here, I said, I need some medicine and I need it now.

w/end before last : violent diarrhoea & mild vomiting
last week : mild diarrhoea
last thursday : start of mild fever
last saturday : fever worsens and massive earache begins
last sunday : earache goes, fever stays and dry extra-dry cough/cold starts
tuesday : fever in high gear and cough = very very bad
wednesday : symptoms start to disspiate with application of strong antibiotics

And I am supposed to be finishing work this week - dreaming! Will be back next week finishing up work unfinished - yucky!!

So am back in the air-con today. Still hollow-in-the-chest feeling but overall am feeling much better, despite the EL Sleazo Dr El Dorado. Not to mention Dr El Sleaze knows my boss - no doubt they're rum bums from down at the Wet Bar at the good ole yachtie, haven of foreigners.

Anyhew ... missed you lovers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home