Monday, July 03, 2006

MIA

Me ... Missing? No, I bin hia but bin bizzeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

WOW. What a crazy crazy last 4 weeks - massive massive amount of work and then my focus at every other minute has been my BabySister. We have been playing and it's been so incredibly awesome for me to spend real time with someone who can make me cry and cheer in the same minute - my effervescent sister, the one and only baby of our whole wide and wonderful family. Alas, on Saturday BabySister got on a jetplane back to Tokyoyo so my heart is sad but also really glad coz we got 5 weeks together and it was a long time coming but worth the wait - its been hard being apart for so long, but for some reason, it just seems like the one person I love more than life, my sister, and I, seem destined to live and breathe and fall in love with strangers and make our own stories in somebody else's country in some other continent.


Last night I got locked out of my house and had to round up some of The Boys to break back into my house ... and and and I have loads to tell but will stuff up some of the gaps by cc'ing you in on an email I sent to my friend this morning. More will follow - I promise (mostly becasue its VERY slow day at work so I have the time to do the right thing).


lovely angle

unfort missing gov's b'day tomorrow in orang. boo hoo. am very busy being massively intelligent and important professional in this very small town in this very big country (yeah right) - but really, would love to come, unfort tho haven't been working long enough (in my first proper grown-up job ever) to (a) have enuf money & (b) have enuf money to come wisit all my ravo loves in sydney. all you be-aaatches say you'll come come come an islandbaby's way but i won't be holding my breath just yet. had some vague plans to walk the kokoda track with some galpals from college at end july but things have faded on that front - altho one of them is still coming up (massive yay) - and another sydney friend, L- arrives this w/end for 2 weeks.

have been having loads of fun in pom lately tho - picked up a new circle of friends and dumped the old boy so it's ok is ok is ok. my best best news thos is .... I HAVE MY LICENCE!! yessah - am on my Ps and ... P is for "PROUD"!! so am pretty confident driver and feeling good about being in the pilots seat - but have now developed some bad habits tho - including impatience!! i was never an impatient passenger, but other drivers on the road do tend to sh*t me - esp in this country where most other drivers have NEVER had any kind of formal driving lesson and wouldn't know a road rule from their cake hole. aaaaaaaaaaargh ... the dangerous and insane bane of it all. so yeah, you need to be a defensive driver all time all time.

so other than that, am doing ok. work is a steep-assed learning curve but i am keen to get flogged and pull up my socks and earn my stripes and maybe epaulette my cv.

so am wasting time on a monday morning writing to you becoz still get that awful mondayitis (will it never leave??) and also just bit bored and sad now my beautiful, unique, kind and strong baby sister has left us to return to tokyo to live and work - she was home for hols and it was terrific to have a partner-in-crime again.

well, i missed my sister so bad i promptly decided to go out and get drunk and, having not done that in ages, can report that i am still well capable of doing a number on myself. had massive fun night on sat with my mates ... but sadly sadly made the time-eternal boo-boo of kissing one of them - lovely but not really for me - so, of course, now he thinks we're maybe, like, going out, like. have to, like, pop his bubble today. noooooooo noooooo. my bad.

so you see, we may be getting older but not necessarily wiser.

double aaaaaaaaaaargh ...

so, enuf fluff from me already. sending loads of love to you and pls give gutter biggest massive hug from me.

as ever ricebag

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home