Thursday, November 30, 2006

little loves

Last night was the 4th birthday of the twin miracle-babies I helped bring into the world - my little nephew & niece, Theo & Faith. Love you babies.

So Auntie Ricebag ordered a massive chocolate-mud-chocolate cake and then had the terrible job of carving it up and distributing it to the masses. I had a good time, thanks. Loads of my cousins on my mum's side (the pretty and loving side of ricebag's genetic pool) and their kids or their parents and just people sitting and jiving. Cool night, lovely breeze, only one screaming child, 2 zooming spidermen, 3 princesses, 2 lovely old grandads. And 60 other people I've never seen before. Just your usual I guess.

A 'small' bday pati in PNG ain't neva gonna be "just us" ... so like 100 people later, I had it and packed some food in my kit bag and took off home, leaving MyMama at the party with PrettyGirl and ors.

I got home, derobed and crashed a la ottoman. I was just about to bomb out into never-never land when the skin on the back of my neck jumped up and every cell in my body started freaking out. I ran for the front door, fumbled with the key and landed on the verandah, knees knocking, my guts in my throat. Someone was in the house!!! But why did I run outside without my mobile ... or my gate key ... or any clothes!! Tentatively I ran back into the dark house, picked up my mobile, ran out and rang MyMama. "Where are? Come Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!". And she did. Like right away. And she and PrettyGirl came walking up the drive and they didn't blink an eye. I made MyMama go through the house and check under the beds and in the high cupboards above the wardrobes - after she's stuck her hands into the wardrobes to make sure no goblins behind the clothes.

See - told you I was a big girl.

Then after I got back into bed she came and sat beside me and say "Ricebag. You know what I told you. God Lives In This House." And for her that's 100% security that ain't nuthin gonna bite me. For me? I have 100% security in knowing she gonna make sure (with Him) that ain't nuthin gonna bite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home