Monday, June 18, 2007

sweating it out

Ok. So there is This Guy. Pretty cute. Pretty straight. Pretty smart. Pretty sharp. Pretty self-assured. Pretty smart. Pretty smart. Pretty good-looking (hey - it's early days - all we know is the superficial stuff).

And I think This Guy thinks I am Pretty too.

But every single time I see him it seems like it is after 10pm and always feels like the most humid night ever in the history of the whole entire world and I end up sweating buckets and doing the old feeling-extremely-self-conscious-as-I-constantly-wipe-the-sweaty-rivulets-from-my-forehead. Ick. I mean, I know everyone else is sweating because it is really humid, but that does not make me feel any sexier. Or any less sweatier.

And so how does Ricebag compensate for this?

She drinks more. More alcoholic imbibing takes place. In a hurry. Maybe being sloshed will detract from being sweaty she thinks??

Um, no. Ok, so time for Plan B. So then Ricebag thinks maybe she should be encouraging This Guy to drink more and then maybe (hopefully) he will take advantage of her. Plan B kicked into motion and the result? No result. Except for Hangovers All Around.

Learning my lesson ... slowly. And lesson number 1? Never to go out in Port Moresby again on really humid evenings. Best to avoid sweaty evenings followed by tropical strength hang-overs with little to show except for protestations from This Guy that Ricebag's leaving for Sydney completely sucks.

This Guy should have jumped me.

And that's all I have to say about that.

PS

Dear LastKissBeforeSydneyBoy - FYI this is not about me trying to make you SecondLastKissBeforeSydneyBoy. Although it would be a bonus.

2 Comments:

Blogger highlander islander said...

I hear you!!

Both of us met This Guy b4 I went to India so you know who it is.

xx

19 June, 2007 16:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I can't figure it out. Someone new? Someone old?

OMG you have to tell me who it is.

Just for good measure, OMG!!!

20 June, 2007 15:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home