Monday, February 27, 2006

rainbow warrior 2 : stay out of my jungle

"Stay out of my jungle" ... a member of the Catfish clan on the banks of Lake Murray. Pic on cover of today's Post Courier.

My shh-shh office has a view of the Harbour - a view that overlooks the docks (not so romantic but still very tropical) and there is a 42 meter yacht idling across the bay and it's a little strange because normally I am the one on the street, on the yacht, on the box, being a little grateful I'm not watching the world happen from a 6x4 air-con cell in some towering office block.

Well ... Here I am. Must be a sign of something because I don't feel sososo jealous of the two salty-skinned long beans in torn-offs on deck of the lazy yacht sidling across my wide blue-tinted windows.

Through the same windows this morning I saw the Rainbow Warrior 2 dock at Port Moresby Harbour. There was a bit of fanfare. Greenpeace is here to launch a new plan of action to take on boomerang log royalties and I really want to be the person with that recklessness again, to have the spirt and focus, not to mention the requisite skills ... to be the person to jump onto that ship and take up the crusade.

Aaaaaaaargh - the conflict inside. Because it's always the all-or-nothing, that fearless passion, the total personal committment required and innate, intense sense of preservation needed to invest in a real "cause", the investment, the mark of a driven individual ... it's that person, that makes me green (read:envy) inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home