Friday, October 07, 2005

soon out-of-office

ricebag on ferry on harbour : sydney : february 2005

Hey Sydney ... I just wanted to say hey.

All Sydney lovers - you know what - my yahoo is STILL fucked - and I just found out why (after emailing Yahoo Help) - this is how F'd my workplace is - they've disabled something called JavaScript so now I can't use the internet to email - pretty goddamn fucked. Fucked I tell you. Why so CURSive today ... because my employers will only allow only about half the firm have work email addys that can email externally - the other half (my half) suffer in silence ... we used to be able to rely on hotmail and yahoo but alas no more. I mean - doesn't that sound kind of OUTDATED? There is a lack of progressive thinking in MANY areas here and its definitely NOT like that at other highly professional environs in this city ... so there you go.

Anyway - I'm not all that mad coz yeah ... I almost forgot - I'm LEAVING!!!!!!!! No more monitoring of ricebag by 2 twitchy bitches in middle-management (why are the ones in the middle always the thickest??!!) - couldn't tell you all the fun to be had there!

I'd better roll off before I get done for defamation.

Just to let Bear and Woo and Gutter and Bartercard and African Nik and Ballerina Nik and Bare-Bum and Crispy and Keffer and Bruce and Meloo and Smelly and all the rest of you beeeatches know I do love you - I just can't communicate with you.

Soon I shall be out-of-da-opis and shall be stealing internet time at some strange Malaysian cafe in town that charges too much money for too slow connection (due to PNGs incredibly backward policy of a monopolozed dinosaur called Telikom) ... but at least JavaScript will be working - so it will cost me to write you then, but it's worth more than what not-paying is costing me now.

I am already wildly spending-in-advance my time out-of-office and will be so busy it looks like I won't have time to vegetate in front of the 24/7 Asia Cooking Channel until Novemember 9 at the earliest ... ahhhhh ... who says ricebag don't have stuff to do?? Ricebags got plenty! Including some exams in a few weeks ... sheizer ... here the fun just does not end.

Ricebag has several books to read ... and one to write. She's got a family to go look-see. She's got some serious down-time waaaaaaaay overdue ... never really having stopped after a year and a half of playing running-islandbaby across Asia and the Mid-East ... never stopping after being 'away' for 3 years, coming home on a sailboat from Bali and jumping into her Zara pin-stripe and Berlei serious-back-black-bras and black smacking flats ... never stopped to say more than hey-it's-me-I'm-back and just spending the last 6 months post-poning all of that really ... yeah - and ricebag is looking to rest. REST. To sleep on Tuesday some old Tuesday day when the sun is in the sky and then waking several sev-er-al days later. Just letting the sleep seep in and fill the dry. Yeah ... still so tired is me. Still chugging on like some demented I-think-I-can I-think-I-can.

So don't worry - the next few months are going to be special. And very filled. And I suspect they are going to sound a lot like me - which is going to be the best part of it! Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home