Saturday, October 08, 2005

leah & enoch

Leah : Enoch : Korobosea 2005

3 years ago my old nanny Lucy was driving me down the Poreporena highway in the dark red utility with the daisy-sheeted seat-covers and some warm, sweet tears were sliding down hier high-boned cheeks. We were taking about MyDad ... who we both miss so much even after so long that it hurts to say.

Reminiscing. Telling a story. The one about how he used to record me and BabySisters voices and then have that on constant play-back when his work took him on a jet-plane away-away all the time.

Then we stared talking about Lucy's kids - 5 beautiful, perfectly-formed boys. All of them lovely golden promises. And she said Yes, but ever since taking care of you and BabySister, all I've ever wanted is a girl of my own.

Ok. I said. Then you shall have one. Promise.

6 months later I was marvelling at Lucy's large round exposed belly as she lay back for the ultrasound at Dr M's clinic. And two tiny perfect hearts were pulsing on the screen ... blip, blip. blip.

Twins.

And because they were mine, I named them, I named them Enoch and Leah.

In the Old Testament of the Bible Leah was the first wife of Jacob and the mother of seven of his children. And now Leah is the 7th child of Lucy's and the first daughter.

Leah is one of those totally loved-up babies. Even Enoch protects her like she is his raison detre ... her little bodyguard. She is a little princess and growing into a right pain in the ass in the very cute-can-kill-you way - she is going to be a WILD one! !!

We love you Leah & Enoch. We waited for you. We prayed for you. We wanted you. Your'e both just so loved!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home