Tuesday, February 20, 2007

today today today

And I didn't expect to feel this way on day when the thunder is crowding out the sun and words are making my eyes hurt.

Today today today. Today I bought a washing machine. Today I ate half my lunch alone. Today I procrastinated. Today I woke up early birdie. Today I wore a skirt with teardrops on it. Today I am having sausages and eggs for dinner. Today I had a chocolate biscuit and a green apple for breakfast. Today I am going to be sitting by myself with a beer and the dying sun and the deep rain on my verandah where the fairy lights are still up.

Today I was paid the biggest compliment of my professional career.

Today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you going to tell me about all of this, or are you going to keep me guessing???

21 February, 2007 09:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you find out everything eventually anyway lady.

ricebag

21 February, 2007 11:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Now now now! I wanna know now!

Now! I want an oompaloompa now!

21 February, 2007 13:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home